Thursday 4 September 2014

A Blank Canvas




I was in London for the past two weeks visiting my family, spending time with my boyfriend and seeing my friends before returning early to uni to work, get settled into my new house, do my laundry and get a new bicycle before all the students return and all the bikes are gone!

It was a great fortnight of chilling – even if the weather was crappy for a few days! I'm tempted to write a blog post about my trip to Notting Hill Carnival, where it rained. The whole day. And of course, shopping was a must! Where my uni is there is no Primark. It is a struggle to shop for outfits I don't mind getting ruined on a night out and get cheap basics. Don't get me wrong, I love shopping at other stores, like H&M, New Look and my favourite, Topshop, but it's nice to have the option of buying five socks for £2! So I went on a rampage. I risked the Oxford Street Primark, which I have now come to hate because it's always busy and never has anything I want, and if it does, it's in the wrong sizes! I've come to love the Tottenham Court Road Primark. It's a lot less busy, has SO many more things and it quite a joyful experience. It's great! I always went to Stratford, and a few stores closer to home. After all these trips, I've come home with a lot of black clothes!

Black jeans, black tops, black socks, black jumpers and cardigans, black shoes... But I did buy a Zara-esque giant tartan scarf. Need some colour in their somewhere! I only clocked this when I was packing up to leave for uni, so it wasn't like it was on purpose. But it did get me thinking – maybe it was my fashion subconscious, guiding me towards a new light... or darkness. Perhaps I do need to start from the basics in basic colours. I need to blacks to work from, to adapt and add too, and just because wearing black makes me slimmer!! Maybe it is time to start from a blank-canvas!

I'm really looking forward to see the evolution of my wardrobe and hope whoever reads this enjoys that too!!



Peace Out!
Thulani x


P.s. Check out my LookBook! Comment and Hype and talk to me! Please :) #bemyfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment