Tuesday 16 September 2014

Mid-Month Favourites!!!

Favourite Make-Up Product:

This was a new buy for the month, and I am quite loving the colour of this new lipstick by Rimmel. Albeit, I chose that colour because I thought it would suit me best, and it is does, which is great. Sometimes it's such a gamble with drug store purchases in the hopes of a shade that suits me best. Also, can I say 'no' to a Matte lipstick?!?! (the answer is 'no') It's a great colour for dark lips, but I am somewhat disappointed by it's lack of stay power. After a four hour shift at work it's gummy and worn away, but I'm happy the wipe it out again and apply some more really quickly. Maybe not good for a night out, but for a subtle day pout, it's fab. And for the price, I think a bit more application is worth it!!




Ignore the dirty mirror please. 




Favourite 'Beauty' Product:

I've been experimenting with Lush products for the past few weeks, and loving it quite a bit! A recent purchase of mine, I got this cleanser after getting a sample of this and Angel's on Bare Skin. I chose Let The Good Time's Role because of a lot of different things. After using it, my face feels fabulous, soft and full of moisture! And I smell like a cookie! On top of that, it has popcorn in it!! This is some kind of wizardry that cannot be ignored and I love it! (I have sensitive skin, and I haven't reacted, which is another great bonus for anyone a little unsure!)

Favourite Item of Clothing:

It took a lot of self debating before getting these babies. I never used to have a great knowledge of trainers. But now, I kinda know my stuff, I wanted a groovy new pair. There are so many different types of trainers, I was spoiled for choice! But I chose the Thea's. They are comfy, and sleek and feminine. I didn't go for an adventurous colour, just black and white, but if you've read one of my previous posts, you'll know that my wardrobe is going through a 'black phase' at the minute. Regardless, they are one of my favourite pieces in the wardrobe, that go with so many different things. I even had a crack on the treadmill with them! Phwoar.

My Thea's <3

Favourite Food/Drink:

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte vs. Butterbeer Frappucino
I'm torn between a hot and cold beverage this month. With the Autumn leaves falling comes the new menu in Starbucks! I'd never tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte before, so thought, why not? And I love it. It is how I've always imagined Autumn to taste, and I have ordered it several times since!! And then I discovered the Starbucks SecretMenu... and that Butterbeer was on it! I am a massive Harry Potter fan and after requesting this frappucino, I'm sure that my letter just got lost in the post. I belong to the wizarding world, because that frap is delicious! I'm torn between two worlds, the muggle and the wizarding, so I've got to keep both! Well worth ordering guys!

A Butterbeer Frap - Excuse the messy background. I was at work.

Favourite Song:

Alt J – Hunger of the Pine
Sleeplessly Embracing... This song is epic. I've loved Alt-J's music for a bit now, the way they play with sounds, and their voices, and how they don't sound like the Top 40, which I'm really losing faith in at the minute. This song is something else for me. I can listen to it in the shower, riding my bike to work, chilling in my room. It's just one of those songs. It's off Alt-J's new album, This Is All Yours. I had a preview of it as Spotify have released it early, and I love it, especially the cover of Bill Wither's Lovely Day. It may not be to everyone's taste's, but it is my tune as of current.



Favourite TV Show:

Orange is the New Black
Cloe, from CloeBob introduced me to this show. I was sceptical at first. A TV show about a female prison. Surely that's just a load of lesbian sex right? But I trusted in Cloe's wisdom. This girl introduced to Come Dine with Me, The Big Bang Theory and Made in Chelsea. So I gave this a go, and I love it! It's totally different from what I expected, and I am hooked! I've almost cried several times, and I never cry at TV shows! I am emotionally connected to this drama and orange has never looked more fabulous! GO WATCH IT!!!





So yeah, this are my mid-month favourites! Hope you've enjoyed this. Maybe I'll make this a running thing on my blog? It's quite cool talking and sharing the things I've enjoyed over the past few weeks, and seeing how much they may have changed by the end of the month. Share what you've liked in comments :D

Peace Out!
Thulani x


P.s.

Thinking that if I get my shizzle together, I will have a snazzy camera and can film a monthly favourite's video!! Here's hoping! :) Any camera suggestions? HOLLA!!

2 comments:

  1. Loving this addition to your blog!! The matte lips i love was thinking of investing but now im deffo going to. Ideas for a camera hmm... A cheap but good one is my best advice haha. Amazon is really good for bargin buys, just need to wait for then deals. LOVE THE POST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matte lips sticks are the way forward. They're sassy and subtle. And thanks girl. I want a camera so bad!!!

      Delete