Tuesday 2 September 2014

Hi World!!







I've wanted to start a blog for a while now. I've been reading quite a few fashion, beauty and lifestyle ones and thought that maybe I should give it a crack! I love reading about fashion, I love fashion, and I want to share my 'style', ideas and opinions about it!

This next year (or academic year) coming will be one of excitement, many changes, and growing up for me as I slowly but surely head into the 'real' world. Maybe that's why I've finally plucked up the courage to stop putting this off! I want to document my 'upgrade' to a twenty-something year old, who hopefully has a sense of fashion, some knowledge of cool little things, and find like-minded people interested in listening to ramblings of myself.

A little about me maybe? I'm 20 years old. It's an age I've feared for a while because it means 'bye-bye' to my teenage years and hello to a decade where nostalgia is in the air for me as my style seems to be time-travelling back to the 90s and I find myself drinking all the Starbucks I can, because apparently I'm a bit snobbish/'hipster' like that.

I like to think of myself as quite an individual, and try not to 'follow' the crowd, even though I admit I do quite a lot. I'm Black British, and proud, with heritage from Uganda and Zimbabwe. I've got dreadlocks that I love to rock and would like to share my hair story and get and give tips and tricks about it. I like cuddly toys and wouldn't dare to throw any of them away, and I'm afraid of the dark. I've watched maybe about 3 episodes of Friends, but I've seen every episode of Sex and the City more than half a dozen times I'm sure. I'm a massive Disney and Harry Potter fan, but a bit 'geeky' with a love of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Superhero movies. I'm quite alternative in some respects, whether it comes to my music tastes or sense of fashion. I love cats and turtles. I play rugby and I'm currently the captain of my university team! I study history and I'm going into my third year. I've never been to continental Europe, but I'm in love with Paris!


I've got so much swimming in my head! So I like to think that a blog is a good way to throw all my ideas and hectic life into some kind of memory of sorts. I don't know how many people will read this, but this looks like fun, so lets give it a try!!


Peace Out! 
Thulani xo

No comments:

Post a Comment